Bourn & Koch Inc.
2500 Kishwaukee Street
Rockford, IL 61104
Phone: (815) 965-4013
Fax: (815) 965-0019
Contact: Greg Champion, Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Bourn & Koch is located in Rockford, Illinois. We currently occupy over 130,000 square feet of manufacturing space in the renovated Rockford Machine Tool building. We design, engineer and build our machine tools in our facility. Our capabilities included but are not limited to the following:
- Engineering: We have a full staff of engineers with decades of experience in the machine tool industry. Our engineers are hands on, working closely with our precision machine tool assemblers to ensure that each machine is properly built.
- Precision Machine Tool Assembly: Our Company is staffed with highly trained precision machine tool assemblers. Many of our assemblers have been with us for decades, gathering a wealth of knowledge on our machines.
- Hand Scraping: We hand scrape the way surfaces of all of our machine tools, both new and rebuilt. Bourn & Koch firmly believes that hand scraping is a necessary practice. We continually train and develop our precision machine tool assemblers in this lost art.
- Manufacturing Capabilities: Bourn & Koch has a full machine shop with grinding, gear manufacturing, heavy boring, turning and fabrication. We are able to ensure the highest quality components are manufactured by us for our machines. We have overhead cranes up to 35 tons, able to handle large size machine tools and their components.
- Inspection: We have a full inspection department including multiple CMM machines. We utilize the latest in laser alignment and magnetic electronic leveling technology to ensure our machines are as accurate as they can be.
- Customization: Bourn & Koch has a well-documented and successful track record of providing custom machine tool solutions for specific manufacturing applications. Our work with ordnance manufacturing machines, volume production and our modular VBX line are just a few examples of how we apply our knowledge and expertise to assist in engineering, building and manufacturing a machine that fits your needs perfectly.