Gearbox System Design Seminar
(April 13-15, 2010)
This program will help address what you can do to optimize the gearbox system - from the housings to the lubrication and much more.
The concept of a detailed design layout "Bible" will be introduced and explained as the basis for the overall design and analysis. The specific topics will include:
- Types of housing construction
- Drawing practices for housings and related components, such as covers, inspection ports, sump, mounting, etc.
- Bearing mounting, retention and sealing
- Selection and role of gearbox accessories, such as breathers, filters, screens, sight gauges and other level indication devices, drain and sampling ports and plugs, etc.
- Lubricant selection; i.e. chemistry
- Lubrication application (dip, splash, etc.)
For more information: