Jenoptik Wavemore System Offers High-Accuracy Measurement
The Wavemore System eliminates reproducibility concerns and allows the user to track part quality through the entire manufacturing process.
The new Jenoptik Wavemove automated surface roughness and contour measuring system includes up to seven CNC axes for complete high-accuracy measurement and evaluation of complex shaft or prismatic parts such as automotive crankshaft, cylinder heads, engine blocks, transmission housings, and more on the production floor, close to manufacturing processes. Detailed, exportable analyses of the measuring results provide exact statements about the quality of the production process, based on many special parameters from the automotive industry. The automated system eliminates reproducibility concerns and allows the user to track part quality through the entire manufacturing process.
In the ergonomic measuring station, large workpieces are easily positioned in a tilt fixture mounted on a rotary table on a granite base, providing complete freedom to reach all features of complex parts in the automatic measuring cycles. A stable and robust motorized measuring column automatically positions pick-ups. The system automatically verifies the proper orientation of each part prior to measurement routine.
Roughness and contour measurement is easily accomplished through the intelligent arrangement of probing systems for each type of measurement. The drive bar positions the roughness pick-up even in hard-to-reach measuring positions. The contour probe is easy to change and can be operated parallel to the roughness pick-up if necessary. The Wavemove provides:
- uniform user interface for roughness and contour evaluations
- calculation of all common profile, roughness and waviness parameters (more than 90)
- evaluation of geometric characteristics such as distances, angles and radii
- traverse length 120mm, or 200mm, for roughness and contour measurement.
Measurement routines are selectable for specific features, as necessary. The Turbo Wave software for roughness and contour measuring provides an icon-based, user-friendly, uniform interface for complex CNC measurement runs and automatic evaluations. Custom screen and print forms are easily designed, allowing efficient creation of measuring programs, and extensive evaluation of measuring results.
Turbo Wave software for contour and roughness measuring includes:
- interactive control of the measuring station
- individual measuring programs with automatic measurement runs
- extensive profile analysis functions for profile and material ratio curves and Fourier analysis
- more than 90 roughness and waviness parameters according to ISO 4287 and other ISO and national standards (ASME, DIN, JIS, Motif etc.) plus evaluation of workpiece characteristics including radii, distances and angles.
The Wavemove system can also evaluate ‘twist' on ground shafts, according to MBN 31007-07. Twist structures at sealing surfaces occur during grinding and impair the sealing function between the shaft and the sealing ring. The most important properties of these surface structures are measured three-dimensionally and the parameters relevant to the tightness determined.
For more information: