The loaded tooth contact analysis (LTCA) is crucial in understanding the deformation of gears and its impact on various factors such as noise generation, contact patterns, contact shocks, and torque variations. With the contact analysis feature in KISSsoft, users can calculate tooth contact under specific torque and speed levels, thereby assessing the performance of gears and gearboxes. LTCA forms the foundation for a robust micro-geometric gear design, including lead and profile modifications. In this web-demo, users will gain insights into parallel axis and coaxial gearboxes, focusing on the following aspects:
• Loaded tooth contact analysis
• Stiffness calculation for teeth, shafts, bearings, housing, planet carrier, and gear body
• Analysis of system deformation and its impact on gear contact patterns
• Designing lead modifications for optimal strength and contact patterns
• Designing profile modifications for optimal behavior in terms of power, NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), efficiency, and contact temperature
• Optimization of modifications for duty cycles
To take part in the free 60-minute web demonstration in English on September 14, 2023, with M.Sc. Ilja Tsikur (senior engineer - global sales), please register here.
Learn more about contact analysis for cylindrical gears and planetary systems in KISSsoft, by registering for KISSsoft's Live Stream Special from September 26 to 28, 2023.