Since our founding in 1984, Gear Technology’s goal has been to improve your knowledge, bringing you the best possible technical information about gear design, manufacturing, inspection, heat treating and much more. We keep you informed about the business of gear manufacturing, including the trends and technologies that will shape your companies in the coming years.
Traditionally, we’ve done so through the articles in these pages. Not only do we provide the best technical articles from around the world, but we also provide the insight of an editorial team that’s spent decades in our industry. Today, you can browse more than 39 years of those articles online at geartechnology.com (in the Michael Goldstein Gear Technology Library).
Since 2015 we’ve also brought that knowledge to you in person, via our “Ask the Expert Live” presentations, the next edition of which will take place at our booth (#3136) at AGMA’s Motion+Power Technology Expo (October 17–19 in Detroit).
This year, rather than focusing on gear basics or the more technical aspects of gear design and manufacturing, we’ve decided to address some of the issues that you’ve told us are most significant to you—the things you’re struggling with, the questions you’re hoping to find answers for, and the troubles that keep you up at night.
Here’s what we have on schedule this year:
The Future of Gear Manufacturing, Tuesday, October 17, 10:30 a.m, featuring:
• Joel D. Neidig, Director of R&D, ITAMCO
• John Perrotti, Chairman and CEO, Gleason Corporation
• Prof. Dr.-Ing. Karsten Stahl, head of the Institute for Machine Elements and Director of the Gear Research Center (FZG) at the Technical University of Munich
• Carlos Wink, Chief Engineer, Eaton Mobility Group
Manufacturing of Gears for Electric Vehicles, Tuesday, October 17, 2:30 p.m., sponsored by Reishauer, featuring:
• Pascal Diggelmann, Head of Application Technology, Reishauer
• Dr. Hermann J. Stadtfeld, Vice President Bevel Gear Technology, Gleason
• Dr. Oliver Winkel, Head of Application Technology, Liebherr
Automation for Job Shops, Wednesday, October 18, 10:30 a.m, sponsored by Schafer Industries, featuring:
• Rob Cherba, Automation Sales Manager, Liebherr Automation
• Geoff Dawson, Director of Michigan Regional Sales, FANUC America
• Ryan Finfrock, Engineering Manager, Schafer Industries
• Gerd Walter, COO, Creative Automation
Solving the Skilled Workforce Challenge, Wednesday, October 18, 2:30 p.m., sponsored by Forest City Gear, featuring:
• Kika Young, President, Forest City Gear
• Mary Ellen Doran, Executive Director, AGMA Foundation
• Kris Ward, Sr. Director, Strategy & Business Development, SME
• Megan Schrauben, Executive Director, MiSTEM Network
As you can see, we have lined up some of the top minds in our industry to help our audience learn as much as possible about these key topics. Our editors will serve as moderators, but we’re also looking for participation from you, the industry. We hope you’ll come and ask questions, too.
But that means you’ve got to be there. It’s not too late to make plans to attend MPT Expo. Besides “Ask the Expert Live,” there are plenty of reasons to attend, including AGMA’s Fall Technical Meeting, AGMA’s in-person educational sessions, and of course, the show itself.
Most of you reading this are probably within driving distance. So come to MPT Expo. Hop in your car, book a flight, or board the next train. Register at motionpowerexpo.com.
The Knowledge Express is leaving soon. Don’t miss out!